Friday, December 10, 2010

My boyfriend wants to go to Phoenix, Arizona for school and.........?


My boyfriend wants to go to Phoenix, Arizona for school and.........?
My boyfriend and I have been together for over five years. His family moved away to Wyoming leaving him here with me in Michigan. Ever since his dad died he's wanted to work on cars and get an automotive degree and he's recently been talking about moving to Arizona to do a year program there. He basically won't go without me even though I need to finish up a year of schooling here. We probably wouldn't be able to go for another year so I could finish and get a good job out there but I'm nervous. The fear of leaving my family is overtaking the chance I want to take with him. I told him I would want a MAJOR commitment towards our relationship before I moved ANY WHERE and he completely agreed and told me that it's definitely on his mind. The program takes a year or maybe a little over. I just don't want to live there forever because I'll miss my family and my home too much. It sucks in Michigan and we need to get out. Should I go with him or stay with my family? We'll eventually come back, but I'm still torn. I need to pray about this for sure! Any suggestions or life stories???
Other - Family & Relationships - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
If you feel comfortable with him I would not worry about taking a step toward the unknown. That is the best time to do such a thing. That way you have perhaps one of the only things that matters in your life with you. It may suck being away from your family, but have you really ever been away from your family? I mean you may find that it isn't as bad as you think. I'd finish up your school before going anywhere. If your relationship is good when that happens and has gone in the direction you are looking for it to go, perhaps engagement, then go for it. Life may take you all over and often times that is not a bad thing. It can be a scary thing, but fears are to be faced not avoided. Plus, as you said "it sucks in Michigan" so why not move somewhere warmer for a while. The best of luck to you.

Popular Posts