Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm thinking of relocating to Tucson or Phoenix, Arizona and would appreciate some help with resources, etc.


I'm thinking of relocating to Tucson or Phoenix, Arizona and would appreciate some help with resources, etc.
I currently live in Asheville, NC, but would like to move out west before the turn of the new year. I'm looking for information on the two cities -- especially matters of GLBT community and culture. City reviews, ease of moving, culture and community, schools of natural based healing, etc. would be so much appreciated.
Phoenix - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
What is it exactly that you want to know? I live in phoenix. Tucson is more a University city. Phoenix is more a business city. They are completely different. I've lived in both. Rent is cheaper in Tucson. Around 650 a month when in Phoenix is about 850 a month (at least) in a decent place, not fancy not in the dangerous area of the city.


2
Hi, I moved here 11 years ago from Chicago, and love living in Phoenix. I would try the Phoenix website www.Phoenix.gov. Also, my neighborhood had a street fair earlier this year, and I think one of the city agencies was giving out a book titled "Where to live in Phoenix". I was surprised they were giving it away, since it looked like something you might buy at a bookstore, had an ISBN number/bar code on it, and a retail value of $24.95. Write a note to the city and see if they can give you one. It's really a good book, because it encompasses the entire metro area (known as "the valley") and talks about what makes each of the suburbs unique. As for GLBT info, may I suggest Echo Magazine. Its website is www.Echomag.com and is published bi-weekly. It also has a community resources section, and a number of realtors advertise in it. Healthcare is big business here, and so is associated fields related to the body, such as massage therapy, spas, and beauty colleges.


3
What Bob Phx said. If you do not have a job, the first thing is GET AN Arizona drivers license and Arizona plates for your car. I used to do hiring & firing, if the person was NOT a resident of AZ for six months with those items, I would not consider them ,no matter how qualified. Your not going to like summers. You may think NC is hot, you ain't seen nothin yet for hot. We visited in July (from Michigan) before deciding we could cope with the heat. Don't let "median" temperatures fool you-for months the low at night MAY be 94 F....daytime days on end over 112-115.


4
I've been here 2 years and why anyone from NC would want to move here is beyond me. It's extremely hot, extremely crowded, high crime everywhere, ridiculous traffic, terrible drivers, etc. Tuscon is the lesser of 2 evils. I wish I was back in the country. It's just going to get worse here.

Popular Posts