Sunday, April 10, 2011

International baccalaureate in my school?


International baccalaureate in my school?
I really want IB to be in my school which is Metro Tech High School in Phoenix, Arizona United States and I am in 9th grade. I am an A student (never a B in my life since first grade) and i am in a ton of advance placement and honors classes. How do I get IB in my school? A vote? A request? Please help me. Much Obliged.
Primary & Secondary Education - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I doubt it is that easy unless there are a few of you capable of doing the subjects, I'd speak to a careers person or start contacting other schools to try to find one that offers it. When you do find one ask them if they can offer any assistance with travel costs. You might find some sort of scholarship you can sit for that can help with this.


2
Your school must be approved as an IB world school before teaching any IB courses. If you really want to have IB in your school: 1. See if there are other students in your school that would be interested. I doubt your school would be willing to spend thousands of dollars to train teachers and provide the courses if not too many students are interested. 2. Talk to your school officials (like your principal) about it, and have them apply to become a candidate and get evaluated. http://www.ibo.org/diploma/become/ 3. If your school gets accepted after evaluation, teachers that will be teaching the courses will have to go through training. An IB coordinator will also be appointed at your school, whom will be in charge of all things IB related there.

Popular Posts