Friday, June 24, 2011

What would be a good comedic book/novel/movie that could become a musical?


What would be a good comedic book/novel/movie that could become a musical?
I am fifteen and found out that Legally Blonde the Musical was written and created by a student at Arcadia High School in Phoenix, Arizona. (Yeah Arizona!) Anyway, I've decided to attempt to write another big hit musical based off either a movie, book, short story or even an idea. Please tell me some-but make them fairly short and available to the public/me to be reviewed and edited. Thanks!
Theater & Acting - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Go rent 'The Producers'. It'll show you that anything can be turned into a musical - maybe not a GOOD musical....but a musical all the same :-)


2
How about the book: Better off famous?-that question mark is part of the title It's about a girl who wants to go to julliard to play the violin. She's 16 and she doesn't get a drivers license or get into julliard. However, a producer asks her to audition for his new show, Country Day, and she gets the role. Her whole life gets turned around-read the book you'll want it as a musical trust me!! How about Enchanted-but with more songs?? That could work!! OMG OMG OMG you could do 13 going on 30!! How perfect would that be? THE MOVIE: ANASTASIA-it would be soooo great and that song: Once Upon a December is just so perfect!! Do Anastasia!! Julia


3
tamora peirces circle of magic seies


4
My dad gave me this idea and I think he's right: "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" would make a great musical. It's already got all the characters, comedy and music built in, so it would be so easy to make it into a musical. But I don't know how much you'd have to pay for the rights. And you're a high school student?? You'd have to pay for the rights for just about any movie or book, so I don't know how you'd do that.

Popular Posts