Saturday, April 30, 2011

Advice on moving from Michigan to Phoenix, Arizona?


Advice on moving from Michigan to Phoenix, Arizona?
I will be graduating from college in June 2009. I'll have a Bachelors in both Marketing and Management from a good business school. I'm trying to find out how much money -- and any advice I can get on moving from Michigan to Chandler, Arizona. I do have a step brother in Chandler that I could stay with temporarily until I find a job. I'll be 24 years old and plan on packing everything up I can in my car and driving cross country.
Phoenix - 5 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
get a job close to your house(or wherever you're staying) because traffic is bad in pheonix(believe me i lived there). lots of great food there ppl are kinda nice..... my fav restaraunt has to be macayos...mexican food hope that helped


2
lived in owosso mi. best advice, throw away most of the winter wear, it does get cold in the desert at nite but not like a winter in mi, buy a really good car ,and a snakebite kit.


3
Arizona does not appreciate east coast education. It is better to stay on the east coast to find a job in your area. If you had graduated from ASU, then Arizona is a great place to make your start, otherwise, I recommend Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia. These places are best.


4
Very True Soul 4 Real!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To many come wanting to make AZ like the state they left. I 4 1 have more use for illegals then people moving here wanting to changs us


5
Alright first you gotta know that Arizona is a beautiful place! But its very different then Michigan. First off in many parts of Arizona it DOESN'T snow (so give away most of your winter clothes except the pants or jackets)... except if you go to Flagstaff or Williams. Prepare for the heat in the summer because every year we can go well above 110 degrees so pack a lot of shorts. Other than that enjoy Arizona! :D Hope you have a great time moving here! YAY for another citizen of Arizona! Also traffic on our freeways such as the I-10 get crowded quickly so if you do have a morning job then I suggest you get up really early!

Popular Posts