Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I need information on skilled trades apprenticeships in Phoenix or Tucson Arizona.?


I need information on skilled trades apprenticeships in Phoenix or Tucson Arizona.?
College is not for me, but neither is the 9 to 5 minimum wage deal either. I live here in Omaha, which is very unsatisfactory to me. I'm about to graduate high school in May, and need a big change of life Input, anybody? Any help appreciated.
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
There is no jobs, I repeat no jobs right now, I was reading on what states are the worse in the economy right now, and Arizona and Nevada are at the top of the list. Arizona and Nevada both too, pay the least of most states even for skilled workers. Id find a better place maybe a state that is union to get better pay. Watch for workers needed to clean up in North Dakota after their flood, there will be money to be made for proably a year, good money. Sad its because of the flood, but they will need people desperately.


2
Hey Frank, Skilled trades jobs are hard to come by right now. I know. I've been a roofer for 33 years and this is the toughest time I' been through. I've never had a hard time getting a job. But right now I wouldn't want to try. The company I work for has downsized from 9 employees to 3. But we had to take a wage cut and lose our benefits. I live in N. Cal. and the unemployment rate is at 10 1/2 % right now. Most companies don't want to hire apprentices as the cost of workers comp is too high. California and Arizona are pretty much on the same scale, although I've heard Arizona may still have some construction going on. Good Luck! johnny b

Popular Posts